Friday 14 September 2007

African Maids

All Africa news web is running an exposé of the treatment of black maids in Lebanon.

"Sixteen-year old Elisa is from Ethiopia. Her mother died last year, and six months ago she came to Lebanon to work and send money home to her family. For 100 dollars per month she maintains five houses a day.

"When I started work with this family I was sexually abused all the time by the father of my employer. The kids would beat me everyday and I would try to explain to Madame but she wouldn't do anything.

"Sometimes the father would come to sleep with me and threaten that if I refused he would beat me. So I left the house."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This happens all over the world, behind high walls of the wealthy, lazy children of rich and influential classes.